Friday, June 4, 2010

Reflection and Refocusing

Friday, June 4, 2010

Some recent events and discoveries are requiring me to slow down and reflect on many different things on many different levels.  I guess you could say I have been forced to stop and smell the roses.  While I will not be partaking in this weekend's Blue Lake Tri as Michelle and her husband will be (and as my plan and training has worked toward) but I will definitely be cheering them on in spirit!   

I leave you with this...

We Are a Part of the Earth

...the earth's swift rivers, the silent footsteps of spring, the sparkling ripples on the surface of the ponds, the bright colors of the birds.  We are a part of the earth and it is a part of us. - Chief Seattle (c. 1790-1866)

We Belong to Each Other

We may wonder whom can I love and serve?  Where is the face of God to whom I can pray?  The answer is simple.  That naked one.  That lonely one.  That unwanted one is my brother and my sister.  If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.  -Mother Teresa (1910-1997)

No comments:

Post a Comment